Since wordpress changed their formatting and you can no longer use custom CSS unless you want to pay for it, i lost some of my formatting.😦 I decided would try another theme and come to find i lost my old header so i had to make another one. I don’t think I like it either.
I hope to get some of the yarn i spun over the last year and a half since I learned how.
Well I think I’m back and hope to be creating more dishcloth patterns for the loom and for needles. After a 2 year hiatus I think it’s time. Drop me a line. Let me know how you are doing.
Well it has been a long time since I posted anything. I was very busy with our County Fair this year and being a 4-H leader didn’t make it any easier. :D Breezy did quite well. Two of her items for fiber arts won champion ribbons and went to our State Fair and received blue ribbons there. She did a display board on Loom Knitting which earned her a champion ribbon locally. She loom knit a hat with her handspun yarn and received a champion ribbon as well. I’ll try and post pictures of them as soon as I get them taken.
She did another display board on rabbit diseases and used electricity (which they learned how to do in class last year) to let a person know if they had gotten their answer right. It turned out really well and a picture of it actually made it into our local paper. Boy was she surprised. Well enough about my daughter.
I did manage to make a few of the pinwheel dishcloths that Isela has in the Fall 2008 issue of Loom Knitters Circle. They are so much fun to make and my husband actually likes these. I also tried Denise’s Mitered Dishcloth and that was also a lot of fun to make. As I was making ths cloth, I thought it would be fun to make a scarf or a sweater using the mitered squares. Oh the creative juices are flowing again. Sorry about the poor pictures…they were taken from my phone as my camera broke.
Speaking of creative juices, I have been working on designs for the 2009 Loom Knit Calendar bewteen canning salsa and beans. To give you a little hint as to what will be in the calendar, expect to see a little bit of lace, cables and knit and purl combos. I am hoping to have it ready for download the end of this month. I’ll keep you posted. I also have some other designs knit up, just need to write and chart the instructions. Designs include seahorses, hummingbird, owl, desert scene and I forget what else. :) I’ll post when I get them done.
I have also been busy trying to earn points to buy stuff on Amazon. All it does is take a little bit of time and it’s fun. I plan on buying some stuff for Christmas this way. You can even buy yarn this way and not have to spend a cent. Check it out and signup if interested! Points2Shop
Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone!
Posted in dishcloths, general, knitting, loom, loom knitting, projects
Tagged calendar, dishcloths, hood river county fair, knit, knitting, loom, loom knitted, loom knitting, points2shop
I figured I’d better post the projects that I have finished or I would forget. It’s been cold here for the last three weeks and I’ve done a lot of knitting and looming. I finished the Rowan Handbag and it turned out pretty good. It’s a great bag with lots of room. Speaking of bags I have submitted a purse that I designed to Markman Farm for their Spring Contest. Please stop by their contest page and vote for my items (yes, I am shamfully asking for votes). They rotate, so please check back in a couple of days. I have the midnight sky purse and the simple fingerless gloves, but you can also vote others too. 🙂
With my designing hat on, I designed a new dishcloth pattern and Dianne Carroll tested it for me. It is called “Hole in One”. Also on the dishcloth theme, I finished a pretty pattern from Jean Barnett from Coats and Clark called the Butterfly Washcloth. I can see making several of these and it would be fun to try to convert to a loom.
We are anxiously awaiting baby bunnies. We had one doe deliver a litter of four and one that is overdue right now by 3 days. She has me a little worried and then another due on the 19th a day before Breezy and I head to Ellensburg, WA to the Washington State Convention. We are really looking forward to going as it is a fun weekend and there are thousands of rabbits. If you are wondering why we have so many does due it’s because she is taking a production doe to our County Fair this year and she wanted to choose the one that was in the best condition. Well I’ve rambled on enough. Have a great week everyone!
Posted in bags, contest, dishcloths, knitting, loom, loom knitting, patterns, projects
Tagged bags, dishcloth, loom knit, loom knitted, loom knitting, purse, washcloth
1. Idle hands are bored hands. I have to have something to do with my hands or it drives me crazy. That’s why I knit or do some sort of craft.
2. I love to sing in the shower.
3. My favorite time of the day is when it is sunny outside and I can sit and watch my youngest play while I knit and work on my tan and absorb that wonderful vitamin D!
4. The last tea I drank was Lipton’s and today. Have to have my cups of tea everyday.
5. I like to go to our County Fair (we stay a week for 4-H) in the Summer.
6. My mother always said always wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to time with my husband and youngest son as my older two kids won’t be home until after 10pm, tomorrow my plans include having dinner at a friend’s house and Sunday, I want to relax (will that happen?!?)!
Have a great weekend!!!
1. For me housework is the opposite of creativity.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was the last excellent book I read.
3. I like fill-ins because it is fun to play and read what others are writing.
4. In nature I like looking at the flowers and wildlife.
5. Mr. Bill should win the US elections (I don’t do politics).
6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was a while ago when we were sitting around the dinner table and my husband said or did something. For the life of me now I can’t remember what it was, but I had tears coming down my face from laughing so hard.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to the BBQ at church, tomorrow my plans include cleaning out the rabbit barn (sounds like fun, huh?) and Sunday, I want to relax and knit!
1. On my laziest day I like to sit around and knit!
2. Knitting makes me feel like I’m being productive.
3. I love little bunnies and big flowers.
4. This summer I want to enjoy spending time with my parents while they are here.
5. Loom kntting made me start my blog.
6. Red roses and orange marigolds.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to the rain to stop, tomorrow my plans include going to the movies to see the new Indian Jones film and Sunday, I want to enjoy the warm weather!