Well I figured I better at least get some projects posted before I totally forget about them. I finished up the Felted Baguette by Isela Phelps. It was a fun and easy pattern to follow. I had to improvise a little as I didn’t buy enough Noro yarn on vacation, so I found some that seemed suitable in my stash. This is how it turned out. I use it as my knitting bag which works out great! I am also working on Isela’s Rowan Handbag. I love the tapering of this bag. I have the bag itself done. I just needs to be sewn up and the strap to finish, but I have other projects that have taken the priority. I had a shrug I made for my Voci performance on Monday and Tuesday. This was needle knit and it turned out okay…the sleeves were a little long. Oh well. Speaking of Tuesday, Scott and I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary. He bought me a dozen long-stemmed red roses. I guess he really does love me.
I am also working on a design for a purse for Markman Farms Spring Pattern contest. I am inviting you all to stop by her website and vote for your favorite pattern. She should have the poll up this weekend. I have two patterns up (or will) one for Simple Fingerless Mitts and the other for my Midnight Sky Purse (picture coming soon). The fingerless mitts I taught on Lynn’s Beginning Loom Knitting Class this week. I am either a good teacher (hahaha) or not many are doing the class. It has been so quiet. Not many questions. It has been fun and I hope to teach some more classes again. I will be teaching an afghan square for Loom Class in June which will entail lace knitting.
For those of you who like to design, I am taking submissions for the 2009 Loom Knit Dishcloth Calendar until August 31st. Check out the submission guidelines and submit them as soon as possible.
Well I think I have finally ran out of things to say. I am going to enjoy our very warm, summer like weather ,this weekend and work on my tan, in addition to showing my rabbits. I am hoping to get another leg on my polish bunny Zorro. He managed to pick up one last weekend for Best of Opposite Sex Breed under judge Kevin Rudolph. Just 2 more to go and I can grand him. Go Zorro! Here are the three babies we had 3 1/2 weeks ago, which I will leave you with. Their father is Marshmellow and Breezy calls them Mini Marshmellows. Aren’t they the cutest?
Posted in bags, calendar, contest, knitting, loom, loom knitting, mittens, patterns, projects, socks
Tagged baguettes, bunnies, contest, loom knit, loom knitting, purse, rabbits, shrug, socks, summer
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to drive over the Hood River Bridge!
2. The hot weather, 85-95 degrees, reminds me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my internet and knitting.
4. Spinning and hairpin lace are two things I’d like to try.
5. When life hands you lemons get a Corona.
6. Riding my horse is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting to bed early, tomorrow my plans include going to Canby for a rabbit show with my daughter and Sunday, I want to enjoy the hot weather before it gets cold again!
1. The meatloaf had an extra secret ingredient; it was love!
2. I see hummingbirds through my window.
3. Right now, I need hug.
4. Xtapa(sp) is where I went Thursday night; it was very good and fillng.
5. Why does exercise hurt so much?
6. All I can think of is the rabbit show I will be attending in Astoria and my knitting.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to being in Astoria (not looking forward to the 3 hour drive), tomorrow my plans include showing at the Columbia-Pacific Rabbit Show in Astoria with my daughter and friends and Sunday, I want to be pampered for Mother’s Day and just knit!
1. Two of my favorite ingredients in a drink are strawberries & tequila!
2. My kids often amaze me.
3. You can keep doing that forever, the dog is dead.
4. Broccoli, onions, eggs, hot dogs, potatoes, salt and pepper, mix it all together and voila! You have Scotty Surprise! (my husband’s specialty)
5. If I had a yard with a garden, I would love to grow lots and lots of beautiful flowers including roses instead of the weeds I have now.
6. Iced tea is best au naturel.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to knitting and watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include and working at our Church’s Thriftshop and Sunday, I want to enjoy the warm weather we are supposed to have. It’s supposed to be close to 70!
1. When I fell in love everything was the way it was suppose to be!
2. I love it when the flowers bloom and it heats up outside!
3. Oh no! The internet connection is down, I’m going crazy, GIVE ME MY INTERNET!! I NEED MY INTERNET! (this happend to me this week when a fiber optics line was cut)
4. My Hero is the craziest tv show ever.
5. Cheese and crackers make a great meal!
6. Plant a garden.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to not going anywhere, tomorrow my plans include knitting and Sunday, I want to knit even more!
My little joker!